Vietnam Forecast Dinner 2019 panelists are renowned regional chief economists, portfolio managers, advisors and thought leaders.
Vietnam Forecast Dinner 2019 Panelists
Dr. Vo Tri Thanh
Chairman – Vietnam National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation; Member – National Financial and Monetary Policy Advisory Council; Senior Expert – Central Institute for Economic Management
- Vo Tri Thanh is currently senior expert (former vice-president) of the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM). He is also Chairman of Vietnam National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation (VNCPEC) and a member of the National Financial and Monetary Policy Advisory Council. He holds a Bachelor of Science from the Moscow State University, and a Master degree in Economics and a PhD degree in Economics both from the Australian National University.
- Vo Tri Thanh mainly undertakes research and provides consultation on issues related to trade liberalization and international economic integration and macroeconomic policies. His other areas of interests include institutional reforms, financial system and economic development.
Simon Deng Jiewen, CFA, CAIA
Investment Director – Whitefield Capital Management (Singapore)
- Simon Deng Jiewen is currently the investment director of Whitefield Capital Management, a Singapore based fund management company that manages Asia (ex Japan) equity portfolios primarily for institutional investors. Fro
- m 2012-2016, he was the managing director (portfolio management) of a hedge fund with focus on Asia (ex Japan) long/short equities. From 2006-2012, he was with UOB Asset Management (a subsidiary of the United Oversea
s Bank in Singapore), and was a Director of Equities managing HK/China equity funds, plus covering Asia ex Japan Energy and Material sectors.
- Deng is a CFA charter holder and CAIA charter holder. He was the co-chair of the University Outreach Committee under CFA Society Singapore from 2014-2016. He has been an instructor for CFA Level 3 program from 2014-2016, a semi-final judge for CFA Institute Research Challenge (Asia Pacific Region) in 2014, and an industry mentor for CFA Institute Research Challenge in Singapore from 2011 to 2016. He was also a member of CAIA Exam working group in 2016.
- Deng graduated as a research scholar with a Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National University of Singapore, and had a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
Dr. Le Anh Tuan
Deputy CIO and Head of Research – Dragon Capital Management
- Tuan is an expert in economics and investment in Vietnam market.
- He has held several senior positions at Dragon Capital and is currently the Deputy CIO and head of Research. He joined Dragon Capital in 2008 as Chief Economist, and in 2010 was appointed Head of Research. In this double capacity, Mr. Tuan supervises virtually all of Dragon Capital’s effort on top-down and bottom-up investment analysis. He serves on the Investment Committee of several funds managed by Dragon Capital and by its domestic asset-management subsidiary VFM.
- In addition to his duties at Dragon Capital, he has led numerous technical assistance projects for the firm with the State Bank of Vietnam, the Ministry of Finance, and the State Treasury, all having a focus on macro policy and capital-markets development.
- He has also been a lecturer at the University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Tuan received a PhD in Economics from Pennsylvania State University in 2008.
Le Hong Lien
Head of Institutional Research, Strategy, Macros, Banking and Consumer at Maybank Kim Eng Securities Limited.
- Lien has been working in the financial industry in Vietnam for 12 years through which she is recognized for her local market insights and access from both the buy side and sell side. Before Maybank Kim Eng Vietnam, Lien worked as Portfolio manager and Head of research in MB Capital Management and TIM Investment and Management Consulting. As a portfolio manager Lien managed Japan-domiciled Vietnam Dream Fund’s equities investments in Vietnam (United Vietnam Listed Stocks Fund and MB Equity Fund 1).
- Prior to joining the financial industry, Lien had four years of intensive experience in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector as a management trainee and then finance manager in BAT Vietnam and Singapore.
- Lien holds a Bachelor degree from the Business School of the National University of Singapore with various scholarships including that of the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Major: Finance, Minor: Technopreneurship). Lien is also a professional member of ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).