CFA Institute Research Challenge 2022-2023 Kick-Off in Vietnam
In Vietnam, CFA Institute Research Challenge 2022-2023 officially kicks off with the participation of many young talented candidates from different universities across the country.
Vietnam, September 10, 2022 – Financial industry experts and university students gathered in Kick-off meetings in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to mark the official opening of the prestigious CFA Institute Research Challenge 2022-2023, an annual competition organized by CFA Institute.
This is the 12nd year the competition is hosted in Vietnam, following eleven consecutive successful seasons. The CFA Community Vietnam plays the key role in coordinating, organizing and preparing for the competition. In last year competition, there were more than 6,000 students, over 1,000 universities in 90 countries participating in 119 local rounds.
Participating universities and the organizing team in Ho Chi Minh City
This year, outstanding student teams from 20 universities in Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City join the Vietnam Local CFAI Research Challenge. The teams will conduct research and analysis of a publicly traded company, Techcombank, and have an opportunity to interview the company’s management. Each team will write a research report, make recommendation and may be asked to present and defend their investment thesis to a high-profile panel of industry professionals. During the competition, participants are brought about practical experiences and closely mentored by industry professionals. Only one winning team is selected as the Vietnam representative team to battle with other countries’ champions in the Asia-Pacific Regional round. They also have a chance to advance to Global Final.
Participating universities and the organizing team in Hanoi
List of participating universities
Hanoi & Danang
- Banking Academy
- Posts & Telecommunications Institute of Technology
- National Economics University
- Foreign Trade University – Hanoi Campus
- University of Economics and Business – Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- British University Vietnam
- University of Economics – The University of Danang
- RMIT University – Hanoi Campus
- Academy of Finance
Ho Chi Minh City
- Foreign Trade University – Ho Chi Minh City Campus
- International University HCMC
- Eastern International University
- RMIT University – Ho Chi Minh City Campus
- University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- University of Economics & Laws
- Ton Duc Thang University
- Fulbright University Vietnam
- Banking University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Hoa Sen University
The winning team will earn attractive prizes from CFA Institute and from the sponsors, FTMS Global and amiCoach, with the opportunity to represent Vietnam to proceed in the Asia Pacific Region Round and the World Final.
Detail of Kick-off Meeting
- Date: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 am
– HCMC: University of Economics – Ho Chi Minh City, Facility B, room B1.302, 279 Nguyen Tri Phuong St., Ward 5, Dist 10, HCM City.
– Hanoi: Foreign Trade University – Hanoi Campus, Conference Room A901, Floor 9, Building A, No.91 Chua Lang St., Dong Da District, Hanoi.