PXP Vietnam Asset Management is looking for Head of Research based in Ho Chi Minh City.
PXP Vietnam Asset Management is a boutique investment manager which concentrates solely on equity investment in frontier-market Vietnam. PXP currently manages two Cayman Islands domiciled funds with multi-year track records of index out-performance, namely; PXP Vietnam Emerging Equity Fund (“PXP VEEF” a mutual fund launched in November 2005 as a closed end fund which was open ended in January 2010); and PXP Vietnam Smaller Companies Fund (“PXP VSCF” launched in December 2015). With a young and dynamic research team supporting an investment department led by Kevin Snowball, PXP focuses on quality rather than quantity with the same determination that we aim to deliver superior long-term returns ahead of gathering assets.
Head of Research
- Manage, mentor, train and develop a team of 7 analysts.
- Update and improve proprietary database to support the investment process. Constant interaction with investment team essential.
- Committed, experienced and driven to mound research team to provide support to the proven strategy of the business.
- This is a role for a dynamic individual who is able to see the potential of both the market and the business.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior role including extensive residence in Asia, preferably ASEAN.
- Sell-side experience acceptable but needs to be able to adjust quickly to the specific demands of a buy-side approach. Willing to relocate to Vietnam.
- Train and supervise the analysts
- Develop business models
- Coordinating research team activities
- Conduct regular meetings with the management of actual & potential investee companies,
- Keep up to date with market developments & new investment products
- Monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources
- Producing research papers as Head of Research
- Making presentations and recommendations as to which investments should be included in portfolios, and meeting regularly with fund managers
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the CEO
- CFA Charterholder
- PXP Vietnam Asset Management Limited, Vietnam Representative Office, 6th Floor, Opera View Building, 161 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
For interested parties, please submit your covering letter and CV to the following contact: