The Infrastructure Group (CIN) is recruiting a Short Term Consultant (STC) to be based in its office in Hanoi to serve the Mekong region.
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Infrastructure Group (CIN) is one of three major industry groups at IFC. CIN engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including energy, logistic and transport, water and other utilities sub-sectors, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
CIN is recruiting a Short Term Consultant (STC) to be based in its office in Hanoi to serve the Mekong region. Job Location can be Hanoi, Vietnam.
Duties and Accountability:
The STC will be integrated into the team that develops new business, completes transactions, and supervises a portfolio of loans, quasi-equity and equity investments in Vietnam.
The candidate is required to know and effectively use fundamental business concepts and practices and to provide analytical, research and other professional support to professional level Investment Officers, The work program is varied and may be somewhat complex requiring evaluation, original thinking and various written outputs.
The responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
• Create financial analysis models;
• Support structuring of new investments;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements and prepare periodic portfolio reports;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Monitor operational and financial performance of client companies to evaluate risk and recommend active portfolio management actions;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes and monitor compliance with IFC financial, environmental and legal requirements;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Liaise with colleagues across departments and the region.
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
• At least 2-4 years of experience in finance, investment, portfolio management or consulting;
• Experience in a major financial institution/PE funds/investment banking/advising firms (2+ years) with a proven track record desirable;
• Good knowledge of infrastructure sector a plus;
• Strong financial analysis and modelling skills using Microsoft excel and ability to identify key issues;
• Sound numerical, analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management and corporate finance and economics;
• Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets;
• Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently;
• Fluency in English a must, other languages preferred.
Are you ready to joining our innovative team? Please direct your CV before December 8th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org