VIETNAM FORECAST DINNER 2020
Macro-economy and Capital market outlook
06th February 2020, Thursday (6:00 – 9:20 p.m.)
WHAT WE WILL COVER
1. Vietnam economy 2020 and the next 5 years’ outlook
· Key growth drivers for Vietnam economy in 2020 and in longer term: Is FDI playing a key roll or private sector will lead? Production relocation from China: will it continue and how to capture the trend?
· Impacts of free trade agreements to economic growth
· Slow public investment: two sides of the coin. Is it changing?
· Impacts of the next Party Congress on economic growth
· Impacts of climate change on economic growth
· Implementation of monetary and fiscal policy
2. Capital market 2020 outlook
· Outlook of corporate bond market
· Stock market outlook and growth drivers: corporate earnings growth and valuation. Foreign flows. Sector selection.
JOIN US in the annual event Forecast Dinner organized by Vietnam Community of Investment Professionals (A CFA Society in formation). The event features a panel of high-profile economists and investment professionals who share their valuable insight into the state of Vietnam’s economy and investment opportunities in 2020 and in longer term. This event will also provide a high-level networking opportunity with professionals and executives across a wide variety of business sectors.
DR. CAN VAN LUC
Chief economist, Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam JSC (BIDV)
|Dr. NGUYEN TU ANH
Director General, Department of General Economic Issues, Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission
MR. DAO PHUC TUONG, CFA
Investment Manager, APS Asset Management (Singapore)
MR. NGUYEN DUC HUNG LINH
Director of Retail Research and Investment Advisory, SSI Securities Inc.
The panel will be moderated by Mr. Nguyen Viet Phuong, CFA, Steering Committee member, Vietnam Community of Investment Professionals.
See speaker profiles HERE
|6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: Registration and Reception
*Please provide your name card at the reception desk for verification.6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion: Macroeconomic Outlook7:30 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.: Dinner and Networking
8:15 pm – 8:45 pm: Vietnam Financial Market outlook
8:45 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.: Q&A with audience
9:15 p .m – 9:20 p.m. Closing Remarks
Attire: Business Formal
(1) CFA Institute members: Free of charge
(2) Past CFA Guest speakers, CFA Research Challenge: Mentors, Graders, Judges: Free of charge
(3) CFA Level candidates (past and current): VND 400,000 (Early-bird**: VND 200,000)
(4) Others: VND 500,000
** Early-bird ends at 11.59 p.m. (EOD) on 02nd February 2020.