Vietnam, 23th September 2023, The CFA Institute Research Challenge 2023-2024 officially kicks off in Vietnam, with the involvement of many young outstanding applicants from various universities across the country.
In celebration of the official start of the prestigious CFA Institute Research Challenge 2023-2024, an annual competition organized by the CFA Institute, many financial industry leaders and university students reunited in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City for kick-off meetings.
Following twelve successful consecutive seasons, the Vietnam Community of Investment Professionals – A CFA Society in formation became an important role in the competition’s coordination, organization, and preparation. In the previous contest, over 6,000 students from over 1,000 universities representing 90 countries competed in 119 local rounds.
Hanoi kick-off at Banking Academy of Vietnam
Outstanding student teams from 20 universities in Hanoi, Danang, and Ho Chi Minh City will compete in the Vietnam Local CFA Institute Research Challenge this year. The teams will conduct research and analysis on Digiworld, a publicly traded company, and will have the opportunity to interview executives of the business. Each team will be expected to draft an initial research report, make recommendations, and maybe present and defend their investment thesis before a high-profile panel of professionals in the field. Throughout the competition, participants acquire practical experience and are closely trained by industry leaders. Only one winning team is chosen as the Vietnam representative team to compete against the champions of different countries in the Asia-Pacific Regional round. They could potentially proceed to the Global Final.
Ho Chi Minh city kick-off at International University – Vietnam National University HCMC
List of engagement universities
Hanoi & Danang
- Banking Academy of Vietnam
- Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
- National Economics University
- Foreign Trade University – Hanoi Campus
- University of Economics & Business (UEB) – VNU
- British University Vietnam
- University of Economics – Da Nang University
- Academy of Finance
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology Hanoi
- Thuong Mai University
- Hanoi University
Ho Chi Minh City
- RMIT University – HCM Campus
- University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- International University – VNU HCMC
- Foreign Trade University HCMC Campus
- Eastern International University
- Ton Duc Thang University
- Vietnamese-German University – VGU
- Ho Chi Minh University of Banking
- Hoa Sen University
The selected team will be awarded attractive prizes from the CFA Institute and sponsors such as FiinGroup, Smart Train, and amiCoach, as well as the opportunity to represent Vietnam in the Asia Pacific Region Round and World Final.
Detail of Kick-off Meeting
+ Date: Saturday, 23th September 2023
– HCMC: 8:30-12:00
– Hanoi: 8:00 – 12:00
– HCMC: International University – Vietnam National University HCMC, 234 Pasteur, Ward 6, District 3, HCMC.
– Hanoi: Banking Academy of Vietnam, 12 Chua Boc, Dong Da District, Hanoi.